Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pineapple Cookies


















It seems like only a short time ago baseball season started, but as of yesterday the season for our team is over and it's time to get back to my Grandma's recipe boxes.  I started this morning with the usual routine, looking for something new to make.  I was actually going to make something out of jello, but I've got to tell you, I need to get psyched up for some of her jello recipes.  So once again, I found myself in the cookie section...there are so many cookie and dessert recipes, it's almost a sure bet I can find something I am in the mood to make and that I have the necessary ingredients to get things going with minimal planning.  These cookies were so easy and are rather unique.  I really don't remember seeing a recipe for Pineapple Cookies ever before.  So maybe some of you following along will take a chance on these like I did.  Next to jello, pineapple might be the most popular ingredient  in my Grandma's recipe boxes...and of course, one of these days, I'll have to make the pineapple/jello combo. These cookies are light and fluffy, which I attribute to the baking powder. I think you'll like them.  Bubba did!

Pineapple Cookies
1 egg
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. pineapple - crushed - drained
1/4 tsp soda
1/2 c. white sugar
2 c. flour
1/2 c. pecans
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
Mix and drop on cookie sheet to bake - 350 degrees.

I beat the butter and sugars together, added the egg, beat it some more, added the vanilla and pineapple.  Add the dry ingredients and the nuts, mix well.  The batter will be soft ( I recommend using a cookie/ice cream scoop).  I baked these for about 8 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. As time permits I will do my best to respond...My Grandma would expect me to :)