Friday, November 20, 2009

Tequila Daiquiri



While I clearly have a self explanatory title on this post, it isn't as clear as it seems.  First, the recipe I have (from my Grandma's Recipe Boxes) is for (as written on the card) Tequillo Daiguira.  I have quickly jumped to the conclusion that this is for some sort of daiquiri, based on 2 simple ingredients, tequila and frozen lemonade.  But for anyone who knows my Grandma, this recipe is about the last thing I would have expected to find amongst her recipes.  In fact, every time I look at the recipe card, I try to imagine where and when she might have picked up this recipe. Could it have been some wild and crazy bridge party (not likely) or at some after school bash with all her teaching friends (not likely) or maybe playing bridge out at the golf course (that's the most plausible option)?  And even funnier, if you look closely at the recipe card, the picture in the top left hand corner is of this cute, blonde, innocent looking little girl standing over a stove with a pan, hardly the picture I would associate with a can full of tequila...It's such a mystery.  Once I stop wondering about how she acquired this recipe, I then start thinking about how a tequila recipe get's called a daiquiri...oh well.....   Any way, here's the recipe in case it's nice and warm where you are and you are looking for something to spice up your cocktail party!

Tequello Daiquira
1 Can Frozen Lemonade Concentrate
1 Can of Tequello or 6 oz.
Mix.  Fill blender w/ice and mix.

1 comment:

  1. Even though it's a simple recipe, The mix has a very special flavor! Honor your grandma using your best tequila in this one! I'm gonna use tequila amor mío that is the best in my collection!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. As time permits I will do my best to respond...My Grandma would expect me to :)