Friday, February 11, 2022

Chocolate Dessert (Good)

Yet another chocolate dessert in my Grandma's recipe boxes.  Oh, and there are a bunch more.  I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing.  We do have to taste every one of these!!  Bubba seems to be just fine.  It's me I am worried about.  

So this chocolate gem is more like a large lava cake.  It cooks up crunchy on top, with a molten, gooey middle layer.  The reason why I don't have a picture that shows it is I took the dog for a walk and I let the dessert "over cool".  The recipe says "Good" up in the right hand corner.  I have to believe that she actually made this one and noted it's goodness!


I have never "poured a cup of cold water" over a batch of brownies or a cake, but that's what you do with this dessert.  And, once again, no given temperature.  We are seriously spoiled these days!


Chocolate Dessert
Sift together 1C sifted flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 3/4 C sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tbs cocoa.
Add 1/2 C milk, 2 tbsp melted butter, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2C nuts
Pour out in a deep 9 in square cake pan. Greased and floured.
Mix together 1/2 C white sugar, 1/2 C brown sugar and 3 tbsp cocoa and cover batter with mixture.  Then pour 1 cup cold water over all.
Bake 1 hour in medium over (I used 350°).  Let stand in pan till moderately warm before turning out.  Grease and flour pan.


Here is where I think the recipe should have said more.  I believe this is meant to be served warm, scooped out on a plate with a spoon.  I will make this one again, serving it warm and I will give Bubba a scoop or two of ice cream with this.  He heated it up in the microwave and gave it a thumbs up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. As time permits I will do my best to respond...My Grandma would expect me to :)