Friday, January 28, 2022

Hollywood Hash

 

Hollywood Hash - now that's kind of a flashy name, and this recipe (on the back of bridge tally) came straight from the pink recipe box.  My Grandma was always kind of enamored with the stars, the kind from Hollywood. I'm pretty sure, all those first graders that passed through her classroom, would never have guessed how much she enjoyed reading "The National Enquirer" - her source for all things Hollywood gossip.  Let me just say, there is nothing Hollywood about this recipe.  In fact, Bubba used words like "hamburger helper" and "school cafeteria" to define this 60's/70's casserole.  The whole time he chowed down on this meal, he reminisced of his own school days, and of eating stuff like this off a plastic tray...many reading this probably have a similar memory.



1 1/2 lb round steak ground
1 can mushrooms
1 can tomato soup
1 can peas
1 small pkg noodles
Brown round stk in butter
Cook noodles & drain
Place all in a baking dish & bake 1 1/2 hrs


This is a pretty simple recipe and honestly it tastes "simple".  I used angus ground beef, drained the peas and mushrooms and seasoned with salt & pepper and added a little water.  That's it.  If I make this again, and I doubt I will (Bubba will be ok with that decision), I wouldn't drain the peas and I wouldn't add water.  If you search the internet, you can actually find versions of this recipe and they all seem to "spice" this up with ingredients like onion, green pepper, etc (more goulash type things) and they don't have the peas.  I am guessing that this is a budget meal that goes along way. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. As time permits I will do my best to respond...My Grandma would expect me to :)