Monday, August 16, 2010

A Short Break

One of the things I know my Grandma believed in was following your dreams.  As  a first grade teacher I know she encouraged "her" kids everyday to do just that.  For a long time, Bubba and I have dreamed of living in Colorado and we are in the process of fulfilling that dream.  Of course, that means a lot of time and energy focused on preparing our house to go on the market, selling it, finding a new house and moving.  Sounds like an easy 4 step process and I am going to convince myself that it IS that easy.  In the meantime I am struggling to find time to cook let alone decipher my grandma's recipes so I am going to be taking a short break...I hope to post in a couple of weeks!
Take Care!!!   And wish us some luck as we fulfill our dream!

3 comments:

  1. Moving is a process, so I will send lots of positive energy your way. I am a control freak, so I didn't move through the process as easily as I could have. If you don't mind, I'll share with you some lessons learned since I just went through it. I think the biggest lesson is to go with the flow ... there's lots out of your control, and sometimes too many cooks in the kitchen (realtors, attorneys, etc.). Miscommunication can happen in the game of telephone, so if you can, think the best of everyone you're dealing with. And please know it will all work out in the end. Feel free to email me at ninetteenrique@gmail.com if you want someone to commiserate with. Soon enough, you will be in your dream state and in your new kitchen. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ninette and MM for the encouragement! I definitely and going to use this as an opportunity to pick out a great kitchen! Ninette...don't be surprised if you get an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. As time permits I will do my best to respond...My Grandma would expect me to :)