Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

What recipe box doesn't have a chocolate chip cookie recipe?  My Grandma's Recipe Box is no exception, I found at least one and to my surprise, it wasn't the Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.  I compared her recipe to the all-time favorite and while it is similar, there are some differences...starting with the amount of flour, which is sifted, the addition of water (to offset the additional flour) and the absence of nuts.  Now, I will admit, I think every chocolate chip cookie on earth should include nuts, but because my Grandma's recipe didn't include any, I did it exactly like the recipe said (she would be so proud that I followed directions) Oh - not to mention that there are actually a couple included with this recipe.  These cookies baked up very nice and really do taste good.  No complaints here and if Bubba wasn't on the road for baseball he would give them a thumbs up for sure. Enjoy!
Choc Chip Cookies
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
2 sticks oleo (I used butter)
2 eggs beaten
3 C flour (sifted)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp soda
1 C Choc chips
2 Tbsp water
Cream sugar & oleo - add eggs - makes 3 1/2 - 4 doz
I baked these at 375 degrees for about 9 minutes.  I did everything exactly as stated.  My recipe made 3 dozen cookies, using a medium sized cookie scoop (Bet my Grandma would have loved one of these gadgets)..she surely had to do these using a spoon.  The scoop is great because this is a moist cookie dough and handling it wouldn't be much fun (unless you like licking your fingers alot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. As time permits I will do my best to respond...My Grandma would expect me to :)