Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fudge Squares

My Grandma had me at "fudge". She loved fudge, she loved chocolate and these  Fudge Squares were definitely chocolatey.  Now, I literally cooked these 3 times, just trying to get them "done".   If only there were some directions to go with the ingredients, I wouldn't have to resort to such measures.  But as you know, I've become accustomed to recipes with only the ingredients. As I think about how my grandma would react, I think she would probably just laugh and encourage me as I was scooping these out of the pan.  I know this, because I have witnessed her cooking and re-cooking fudge, trying to get it to set up.  When you look at my typed recipe, along with my Grandma's hand written recipe, you will see just what I had to work with on this one.  As I have said...this is a journey, this is fun, and you just have to keep your sense of humor..Bubba didn't rate these...he didn't care for the gooey mess even if it is chocolate and I would never let big brown dog eat this so he couldn't provide a rating either.  I haven't given up.  I will try these again! I'm also going to check out my mom's brownie recipe...I think it might be this..With Directions!!

Fudge Squares
2 Sq. Choc
8 tsp butter
1 C. sugar
2 unbeaten eggs
1 C. flour
1/2 tsp B.P.
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 C. nuts
Melt Choc and butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. As time permits I will do my best to respond...My Grandma would expect me to :)