Saturday, October 3, 2009

Here's what's cooking: Apple Crumble

Here's what's cooking Apple Crumble
Recipe from the kitchen of Georgia


Slice pan full of apples
1/2 cup sugar
cinnamon
Sprinkle over apples
1 cup brown sugar
scant 3/4 cup butter
1 cup flour
Mix and sprinkle over apples
Can add nuts if desired
350 degree oven - till done


Well it's October and fall has arrived in Texas.  Apples are abundant in the grocery store and equally as abundant in my refridgerator as I discovered this morning.  Having all these apples made my "recipe selection" easy today.  As you can see, I found yet another "simple" recipe from my Grandma's recipe box, there are only a few ingredients and even fewer details.  I am finding that the lack of detailed instructions are challenging for me.  When I cook I have a need to know things like exactly HOW MANY apples (I didn't use enough), should I peel the apples (I didn't), or HOW LONG should it bake and HOW do you DEFINE DONE?  Oh, and I didn't sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the apples before the other ingredients, I just mixed them all together...My Grandma would be disappointed that I didn't read directions better.  Despite all my issues, this Apple Crumble tastes just as you would expect, sweet and cinnamony (is that a word?)


I don't know who Georgia is, but my guess is she served this dessert somewhere and Fyrne just had to have it.  I didn't get a rating from Bubba today, maybe he'll make a comment later.

1 comment:

  1. Bubba gives this dessert a 8+ rating! great dish Ms. Georgia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. As time permits I will do my best to respond...My Grandma would expect me to :)