Monday, March 29, 2010

Chocolate Fudge Bars

It was a big baseball weekend AND I needed to make something from my Grandma's recipe boxes so the Chocolate Fudge Bars were my choice.  I knew I could bake a bunch of these and have them for the team between games.  The Bars (also known as Brownies) were a hit....and I'd like to think they helped the boys get lots of hits, as they won all 3 games. (My Grandma would definitely approve).  I should note that  while I found this recipe in my Grandmas recipe box, it is a familiar recipe.  My mom has passed it on to me and it is one I have made many times over the years, so it is a little different than most of the recipes that I have truly made for the 1st time after finding them in her box.

Chocolate Fudge Bars (Brownies)
2 eggs                                           1/8 teas. salt
1 cup sugar                                   1/2 c. cake flour
1/2 cup melted butter                    1 cup broken nuts
2 squared melted choc (bitter)       1 teaspoon vanilla


1. Sift flour
2. Melt choc & butter
3. Beat eggs, add sugar, beat again
4. Add melted butter, choc, vanilla, and salt & beat again
5. Add flour & mix until smooth.  Add nuts
6. Fill 7 x 10 plan 1/3 full.
7. Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees - 25 min.
Cut into bars before cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. As time permits I will do my best to respond...My Grandma would expect me to :)