Saturday, February 13, 2010

Beef Brisket

It is yet another baseball weekend, but this time the team is on the road, so it gives me a chance to accomplish several things.  Some fun things like cooking goodies from my Grandma's recipe boxes and some not so fun things..like TAXES..Ugh.  All, while listening to baseball.  While looking for things to make today, I found several recipes that peaked my interest and so I started with this super easy brisket recipe...I mean, really easy.  So easy, it would probably never appear in a real "foodies" recipe box, but this brisket can create such a wonderful "fragrance" throughout the house I think if you try it, it will find a place in your recipe box.  It  smells oohh, so good as the onion and mushroom soups meld with the smell of the brisket.  The recipe card has 2 recipes on it, one for this brisket and a recipe for chicken is on the other side.  I stuck to the easy one today. Try this one!  I think you'll like it and I have no doubt my Grandma smelled this one cooking today.
Beef Brisket
1 lean brisket 
1/2 pkg lipton onion soup mix (I used more than 1/2 the pkg)
1 can cream of mushroom (I used 98% fat free and it was just great with this)
Put both on top of brisket, which is placed on large piece heavy aluminum foil.
Bake 45 minutes at 450 degrees - then 2 hours at 325 degrees or until done.


6 comments:

  1. That brisket looks el fantistico! And it's easy enough that even I can make it without messing it up. I'm gonna try it this weekend.

    I hope I don't bang my head on the dining room table after my knees buckle when I taste it :^)

    Tanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now that I've actually tried this easy recipe I'm prepared to officially give it a three thumbs up rating! The aroma during the final 2 hours of cooking was driving me nuts, the flavors were mouth watering delicious and the fact that I can cook the whole thing in a couple of folds of tin foil makes the clean up afterwards as easy as pie. Yaaa!

    I think I'm gonna try that potato bud chicken recipe next.

    Thanks for expanding my culinary horizons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wade....glad you tried it and even happier you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a nice recipe indeed.I love this dish.
    Beef brisket recipes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, so I've got a few questions: first, is the meat wrapped in foil and just placed on the rack? and second, is the dry mix poured over and not rubbed? along with the soup?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. As time permits I will do my best to respond...My Grandma would expect me to :)