Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies


Ok, I have to admit it, I was back in the cookie section again.  There are just so many recipes in that particular box and the reality is, I can figure out what to do with the list of ingredients, usually.  I guess that is what keeps me coming back to cookies.  Add to that, I've rarely met a cookie I didn't like.  This weekend, I was looking for something I could give away as we were anticipating some players stopping by and I wanted to be able to give them something to take back to school with them. Oh my Grandma would love this...her Peanut Butter Cookies (well, I consider them hers) made it all the way to college!!


Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. shortening (I used butter)
1/2 c. B. sugar
1/2 c. W. sugar
1 egg beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c. cake flour
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp soda
1/8 tsp salt


That's it, as it's written.  I did not use cake flour and I did not use 2 1/4 c. flour.  I probably used about 2 cups.  I baked these for about 7 minutes at 350 degrees.  We bagged them up and sent them home with the boys.  I am sure they'll pass the test with a passing grade, even at the college level.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, yum! Peanut butter cookies are my most favorite. They look excellent! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. As time permits I will do my best to respond...My Grandma would expect me to :)